Broadlink RM mini 3 compatible?

For questions about IRControl, proposals for next releases, ideas for designing page layouts
Shepmac

Broadlink RM mini 3 compatible?

Post by Shepmac »

I don’t have a Broadlink RM pro. I have three RM mini 3’s. During the setup I selected Broadlink RM pro and it recognized all 3 RM mini 3’s. Is this a fluke? I haven’t tried using it yet but I assume if it recognized them I should be fine. I stayed up late and all I have to do is tweak the layout. I will test later today.
info@cec.gmbh

Re: Broadlink RM mini 3 compatible?

Post by info@cec.gmbh »

Hi Shepmac

We have not test it yet. But the RM Mini 3 has the same Interface like RM pro, so theoretically it should. RM Pro features (RF signals and temperature sensore) will not work of course.

Please let us know if it works successfully.

best regards,
Urs
Shepmac

Post by Shepmac »

I am doing 3 remotes for my home. I want same layout. The only thing that will change will be the brand of remote. If I export file can I reconfigure new remote to function with different brand of remote. That would save me a lot of time!

I bought IR Control Plus. What is the difference other than the $5.99 fee? Does it have more functionality? Or just able to use on more android tablets?
info@cec.gmbh

Post by info@cec.gmbh »

Hi Shepmac

Yes you can reconfigure the actions while importing a new layout page (not if you make a full backup). You can select within the import dialog for each action a new device / command. Maybe you have already find out, that you can send an data export direct to an other device over Wifi direct. The Datatransfer tool is very powerfull.

With the free IRControl App, the number of layout pages is limited to 4. With the Plus App there is no limitation. But it is maybe also a question of fairness. We offer the free version with full functionality and without any advertisment popup. It is therefore convienient for you to evaluate, if this is the right software for you. You have also free support here in our support fourm. I think this is generous. So it is fair, if you regularly use our App, also to buy it - and the price isn't expensive. You help to make it possible to continue the further development of IRControl.

Kind regards,
Urs
Shepmac

Post by Shepmac »

I already bought it. Price was great!

If I import file can I change gateway to a different RM mini 3 as well? I have three RM mini 3s. Or can't you change gateway?
Is there anything you can’t change?

You said if you do Full Backup you can't change device? So just export and import file on new Tablet before you backup? Correct??

Also, I am trying to create a common channel list with ”picture” buttons of the channel (ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX). I saved picture on the Album file under pictures. But when I try to import picture nothing happens. Also does it scale the picture file to fit the Picture Button?

Also I thought the app resized the buttons to fit the device. I have a 8 inch Android Tablet. My current layout only fits 40% of the ”Portrait Page.” Or does it do that to fit BOTH portrait and landscape? I hate to keep ”tinkering” around with the dimensions of the buttons. Or does it resize the buttons after the layout is complete? That would be great if it did that!

I will sure be posting frequently here until I perfect my remotes. Well worth the $5.99!

Regards.
info@cec.gmbh

Post by info@cec.gmbh »

Hi Shepmac

You can change the gateway of a device in any case to an other gateway from the same type in the device configuration. Of course you can do this also while importing (there you have to change each action, but you can change to an other device/gateway type).

In export functionality there is a checkbox "Full backup". If you check this Option it stores everything as it is in the zip file. When restoring from this file, the acutual configuration on your device will be deleted and the complete configuration will be restored from the zip file. If you do not enable this option, you can export only a subset of elements, and also import only a subset of elements stored in the zip file.

For me it is not clear, what you really do while importing a picture, so I can't say what is wrong. Maybe you have a look to our online manual, where this is explained: http://ircontrol.cec.gmbh/manual/layouts/image-dialog/. And yes, pictures will be resized to the button size. There is also the possibility to make them smaler for a specific button if you need.

If you create a page, you can enter a page size. The default values represent the screen size from your acutal tablet. If page size does not correspond to the device display size, it will be scaled. The orientation for a page is allways fix according the page definition (size). In your case you can define the page size smaller, so it will be scaled to the device Display size.

regards,
Urs