Device

For questions about IRControl, proposals for next releases, ideas for designing page layouts
OS6

Device

Post by OS6 »

Hi,
I like this app, but there are some things that I can't do.
When I create a device, I have to learn each ir code, and I want to use Contol tower or lirc file.
_with lirc, I download a file (for exemple RM-J701.lircd.conf)
in the panel control,I go on the tab command and I choose load lirc file.
I have an explorer, I select my file, but I can't clic on ok.
I've tried to change the name of the file by RM-J701.lircd with no result

_with control power,I do a request data, I receive a mail, but when I want to copy the text of the mail, I can't clic on ok

in the two cases, the button ok is available, but it doesn't done anything.

Please help.
Best regards
info@cec.gmbh

Re: Device

Post by info@cec.gmbh »

Hi OS6

We analysed this now. For the problem with the lirc file, this is a bug in our app. The problem with the Control Tower mail occures, because Control Tower generates the mail acutally with some strange characters inside :( . So it's actually not possible to process.

We will anyway release a new version of our app today (if there occures no bigger problems while testing). Both will be fixed.

Thank you for reporting the problems.
kind regards,
Urs
OS6

Post by OS6 »

Hi,Tanks for your help,it's very appreciated.๐Ÿ‘

I have another question,is it possible to learn hex code from pronto,perhaps in the future?๐Ÿ˜Š

Is it possible, in the layout to configure a button you'll have to tap or staying press?for a volume by example, fast forward...๐Ÿ˜œ

I have two buttons for one device (mute , invert), when I press the button, the device receive the ir code, but nothing if I press anymore. I have to press another button and then it's ok,or wait about 30s and press again.

Your app is great, I remember my pronto
info@cec.gmbh

Post by info@cec.gmbh »

Hi Oliver
I have another question,is it possible to learn hex code from pronto,perhaps in the future?๐Ÿ˜Š
You can enter the pronto hex code in the field ccf.
Is it possible, in the layout to configure a button you'll have to tap or staying press?for a volume by example, fast forward...๐Ÿ˜œ
Yes, you must not configure your button with Trigger "click" but with "timing".
I have two buttons for one device (mute , invert), when I press the button, the device receive the ir code, but nothing if I press anymore. I have to press another button and then it's ok,or wait about 30s and press again.
Some infrared protocols implements a mechanism, if they are sent (by fault) twice or more times, it will be not recoginzed anymore. For sending such a code several times, there is a bit in the infrared sequence which must change every time between 0 to 1. You can enable this behaviour by checking the toggle checkbox in the command definition of the device configuration. But it works not with pronto hex code, you have first decode it to the protocol/values. You can do this if it is not an exoctic protocol (probably it is RC5?) by pressing the analyze button.

kind regards,
Urs,

P.S. if you like our app, we are allways happy about a voting for our app on the google play store and maybe also a review ;-)
OS6

Post by OS6 »

info@cec.gmbh wrote: โ†‘30 Sep 2018, 17:47 Hi Oliver
You can enter the pronto hex code in the field ccf.
I've did it and it doesn't work, I retry today it's OK
Yes, you must not configure your button with Trigger "click" but with "timing".
thanks, what is onrefresh an onstart ?
Some infrared protocols implements a mechanism, if they are sent (by fault) twice or more times, it will be not recoginzed anymore. For sending such a code several times, there is a bit in the infrared sequence which must change every time between 0 to 1. You can enable this behaviour by checking the toggle checkbox in the command definition of the device configuration. But it works not with pronto hex code, you have first decode it to the protocol/values. You can do this if it is not an exoctic protocol (probably it is RC5?) by pressing the analyze button.
It's curious, because I've learned the code directly from the official remote, and with a Logitech harmony, and in the two cases, I've got the same comportment, and only for two button;
I will try when I will have a free moment.
kind regards,
Urs,

P.S. if you like our app, we are allways happy about a voting for our app on the google play store and maybe also a review ;-)
I will do it for Google, but you have to wait a little bit I want to may a review there

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/

best regards
info@cec.gmbh

Post by info@cec.gmbh »

Hi Olivier

With a broadlink device, hex codes (cff) should work. Maybe there is a problem if there allready was learned a ir sequence before with the same command. You have to create a new one.

Trigger onrefresh is released everytime the IRControl System sends an refresh event. This is normaly every 15 seconds, but you can add an addidtioanl refresh timer, or also send refresh commands manually. For controlling devices with infrared sequences, I think there is no use for this. It makes more sense for devices where you also have communication back, like a google chormecast or a bluesound system. Acutally we work at a contolling concept for NAD amplifiers, which you can control over lan/wifi. With this communicaiton you have much more possibilities, because you can visualise for example the actual state of volume. For this the refresh mechanism is needed - also the onstart trigger (it will be released after creation of the control during startup of the page). We will present this controlling conecpt for NAD amplifiers in the next few days.

This toggle mechanism does not work if you only record the infrared signal, because it will be sent allways like is was recorded. I don't know if the Logitech Harmony Hub has such e mechanism to handle learned ir codes with toggle bit (I think not). The logitech harmony hub is a black box. There is no way to manipulate something with the ir sequences. For the other IR transmitter (except sony internal) we are supporting, it works only if you convert the sequence to a protocol/value definition.

kind regards,
Urs
OS6

Post by OS6 »

info@cec.gmbh wrote: โ†‘03 Oct 2018, 19:06

This toggle mechanism does not work if you only record the infrared signal, because it will be sent allways like is was recorded. I don't know if the Logitech Harmony Hub has such e mechanism to handle learned ir codes with toggle bit (I think not). The logitech harmony hub is a black box. There is no way to manipulate something with the ir sequences. For the other IR transmitter (except sony internal) we are supporting, it works only if you convert the sequence to a protocol/value definition.
Hi
I didn't talked about harmony hub, I've only got a Logitech harmony remote.

the reviews are done.
@+