EventGhost TCP/UDP connection

For questions about IRControl, proposals for next releases, ideas for designing page layouts
Marbieskarb

EventGhost TCP/UDP connection

Post by Marbieskarb »

Hello,

I just downloaded the IRControl app and am looking to connect it to my EventGhost server.

Do you have a EventGhost plugin available?

I installed the Network Event Receiver EventGhost plugin and setup a TCP Gateway within the IRControl app but, no input was being received within EventGhost. Also, I attempted the UDP Gateway and that didn't work as well.

I'm sure I'm not configuring it properly so, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I wanted to make a feature request. Could you add a pressed state option for image buttons please?

I would like to be able to define an image when a button is pressed instead of just having a static button that yields a brief animation when pressed.

Thank you.
info@cec.gmbh

Re: EventGhost TCP/UDP connection

Post by info@cec.gmbh »

Hi

We did not make any tests with EventGhost yet, but it sounds interessting for us anyway. So, give us some time, we will have a look at it the next few days.

You can enable "3D shift" for buttons, so you have a visual effect when pressing a button. Some button styles do also hilight the button when pressing. But we will think about to provide the possibility to have a 2nd bitmap for the pressed state. Technical it is not a problem to integrate this. It is more the question how to integrate this, because acutally we think a lot about to make the configuration easier and more user friendly.

You will hear form us about EventGhost.
Kind regards,
Urs
Marbieskarb

Post by Marbieskarb »

Thank you for looking into this!

FYI, I was able to receive input within EventGhost from the IRControl App UDP Gateway Connection by utilizing the Broadcaster EventGhost plugin.

However, the inputs received within EventGhost are slow and has a significant delay. So, it's really not usable but, at least the input is being received.

Also, I was able to receive input to EventGhost using an event server from the XBMC2 plugin and the IRControl App TCP Gateway Connection as well but, the latency was present there too.

I've attempted multiple Android devices with the same result. I send other events to my EventGhost server from other apps with no delay so, it seems like it could be how they are being sent from the IRControl app.

I checked the Log Entry Detail within the IRControl app and it appears to be yielding errors on every event even though the input is received within EventGhost. There are 2 errors as follows:

Log Level ERROR
Log Category: Gateway Communication
(not accessible)

Error when sending an action:

Log Level: ERROR
Log Category: Gateway Communication
SocketTimeoutException

So, I don't know what is causing the errors and could be related to the latency. Again, although the errors are present, the action does reach EventGhost but with major latency.

If you need more information to help your investigation, please let me know as I would love to get this working properly?

But we will think about to provide the possibility to have a 2nd bitmap for the pressed state. Technical it is not a problem to integrate this. It is more the question how to integrate this, because acutally we think a lot about to make the configuration easier and more user friendly.
If you can look into this, it would be greatly appreciated. This feature would be a game changer for me as your app has almost everything on my checklist.

Thank you for your consideration.
info@cec.gmbh

Post by info@cec.gmbh »

Hi there

The documentation of EventGhost is unfortunaltely not so detailed (or does not exists). Do you have us some hints how to configure EventGhost for receiving UDP commands and how the UDP Sequence should look like?

In the meantime, it has come to my mind that there is a possibility in acutal verison of IRControl to have a 2nd image, when the button is pressed - but it is a litle complicated. I have made an example page for you, that shows how to do this. You can import it via DataTransfer/Import function to your configuration.

But I think we should integrate this 2nd picture anyway. We are planning to make a service release in about 2 -3 weeks and I think we can include this feature.

best regards,
Urs
Attachments
SwitchButton.zip
(1.51 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
info@cec.gmbh

Post by info@cec.gmbh »

Hi there

We released now version 3.01 of the IRControl App. You can now configure a extra image for the pressed state (for ImageButtons). You have to disable the 3D-Shift feature for this. With this you can make really nice buttons. Tip: switch the Image position to "background" and you can also add some text.

Unfortunatelly we didn't found some documentation about EventGhost how to control it with commands over UDP. But it seams that EventGhost does not send an answer. So, this might be the problem. We added a switch to disable waiting for an Answer ("No return value"). I think it should work with this configuration switch.

kind regards,
Urs