Tuya Cloud

For questions about IRControl, proposals for next releases, ideas for designing page layouts
Inthouse

Tuya Cloud

Post by Inthouse »

Hi Urs
Every day my smartlife IR loses connection and shows this screen (and does not allow me to enter email)
Could you check it please?
And please change the position of this reset button to the left because the right position is usually used for the ok button (it is very common to press it by mistake to confirm login)
Attachments
IMG_Screenshot_20201211-031303.jpg
IMG_Screenshot_20201211-031303.jpg (297.01 KiB) Viewed 22055 times
info@cec.gmbh

Re: Tuya Cloud

Post by info@cec.gmbh »

Hi Claudio

Could be that this comes from session timeout. Is there an entry in the Log that could give the reason? Is this on Android or iOS System or both?

kind regards,
Urs
Inthouse

Post by Inthouse »

Hi Urs
I've tested so far only on android. Now whenever I enter it appears that the gateway cannot be initialized.
As I can't register the email on that first screen I sent you, I think I'll create a new account and start all over again and try to track what happens.
Attachments
Screenshot_20201211-181331.png
Screenshot_20201211-181331.png (124.04 KiB) Viewed 22048 times
info@cec.gmbh

Post by info@cec.gmbh »

Hi Claudio

I have an idea what the problem could be. Newer versions of android removes the complete app from memory after a while when it is in background even though the App is still active. When it will be reactivated, the App will not stared again - only the last activity (page) is shown. In this case every data in memory will be lost, also states of initialisation (and also login data for tuya cloud). From my point of view this is a strange behaviour of an operating system handling applications. But anyway it has to be solved in the IRControl App.

If this happens you have to stop the IRControl App completely (not over Exit function, but with overview button (square symbol) and wipe away the IRControl App) and start it again.

kind regards,
Urs
Inthouse

Post by Inthouse »

Hi Urs
On my android the IRC has this behavior frequently, even only with Broadlink. After a while in the background, when you return to IRC a page without controls appears and I have to close and restart the app.
info@cec.gmbh

Post by info@cec.gmbh »

The application should restart in this case. We will release an update wich solve this problem in January.

kind regards,
Urs
Inthouse

Post by Inthouse »

Hi Urs
The same problem happened again.
Have you found a solution to solve this?
(before that the IRC worked fine for almost 30 days).
It seems to happen more often when I make changes on app.
I realized that if I import an older full backup of my app and then import the current version again, this will solve the communication problem withTuya cloud, but only until I close the app.
Screenshot1.jpg
Screenshot1.jpg (274.6 KiB) Viewed 21908 times
Screenshot2.jpg
Screenshot2.jpg (247.67 KiB) Viewed 21908 times
Screenshot3.jpg
Screenshot3.jpg (247.12 KiB) Viewed 21908 times
info@cec.gmbh

Post by info@cec.gmbh »

Hi Claudio

We analyzed the situation deeply if the Android OS does remove the App from memory because it is in background. When bringing the App in foreground again it will not be restartet (only the priviously startet Activity will be startet). So everything you previously had in memory is lost.
We could solve this problem be restartint die IRControl App in this situation. It is planed to release a new version including this change until the end of janurary.

kind regards,
Urs
Inthouse

Post by Inthouse »

Hi Urs
These problems (email disabled and Tuya Gateway not initialized) occurs even when I restarting IRC!
I have 2 backups of the same app: 1 backup created on 12/11 working fine and other created on 01/13 (with a few changes) that show these problems.
If you want analize them, I send you both apps.
Thank you
info@cec.gmbh

Post by info@cec.gmbh »

Hi Claudio

Yes, please send me this two backup file. I would like to analyze this.

best regards,
Urs