Broadlink RM Mini 4C

For questions about IRControl, proposals for next releases, ideas for designing page layouts
Inthouse

Broadlink RM Mini 4C

Post by Inthouse »

I linked my RM Mini 4C in IRControl. When adding an action to a new button, I press "Learn" and immediately appears "Error".
Mini4c also does not work correctly on the IHC, only on the Broadlink app. Broadlink recommends using this new app instead of IHC.
The RM3 series is no longer being manufactured, will you give support to the RM4 with the Broadlink app?
info@cec.gmbh

Re: Broadlink RM Mini 4C

Post by info@cec.gmbh »

Hi there

Acutally we do not support Broadlink devices from the 4 serie. It is not possible anymore to access this devices directly. You only can access them over the Broadlink cloud. There is an api to access it, so it is a least possible, but you have to pay a license fee which is very high. When we compared the fee with the benefit, we found that it isn't worth it. The other thing is, that we do not support the idea, that we have to pay money for making this devices more popular. So we decided to not support them for the moment. We recommend to use other devices depending if you want access them over a cloud or not. Have a look to the overview (https://manual.ircontrol.app/manual/fir ... -overview/) of devices in our online manual.

kind regards,
Urs
Inthouse

Post by Inthouse »

So is there a risk that at some point even the RM3Pro will stop working on IRControl?
This worries me because I have this app installed on multiple clients of my company!
info@cec.gmbh

Post by info@cec.gmbh »

I think not. I think Broadlink will not invest again in the developpment of the Devices from 3-Series. But who knows? Chinese companies are sometimes a little bit unpredictable. We are also not lucky with this situation. Broadlink seams not to be interessted that software companies does develop software working for their hardware. They prefer that users must use their own software, which is not really convenient.
regards,
Urs